The Company’s directors and management are committed to conducting business in an ethical, fair and transparent manner following high standards of corporate governance.
The Directors, together with the management team, lead by example. We have a robust corporate governance framework in place, and we are committed to fostering a culture of compliance that values personal and corporate integrity, accountability and continuous improvement.
Compliance is monitored and audited continuously, and where necessary, the Directors will act on non-compliances.
Evocatus Security Services SA has retained a Level 2 BBBEE rating, with 51% Black-owned shareholding and qualifies accordingly, as per the Amended Codes of Good Practice.
The Principles of Evocatus Security’s Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment policy is as follows:
- The Company is committed to transformation as defined in the B-BBEE codes of good practice.
- All BEE initiatives should be measurable to determine the achievement of objectives of the BEE strategy. Measurability may encompass both quantitative and qualitative factors;
- Information relating to BBBEE will be simple, factual and reliable for ease & accuracy of measurement;
- No form of fronting will be accepted;
Health and Safety
Evocatus Security Services SA acknowledges that the Health and Safety of employees, visitors, contractors and members of the public is of paramount importance.
The company recognizes that every person has the right to a safe and healthy working environment and that each employee has a prime responsibility to ensure their own and others’ health and safety by observing safe systems of work and reporting potential hazards in their work areas. The Directors are responsible and committed to ensuring compliance with current legislation and associated regulations, standards and codes of practice for Occupational Health and Safety.
Management will provide, ensure and maintain:
- A safe working environment
- Safe systems of work
- Information, instruction, training and supervision that is reasonably necessary to ensure that each employee is safe from injury and risks to health
- A commitment to consult and co-operate with employees on all matters relating to health and safety in the workplace
- A commitment to continually improve our performance through effective safety management.
- Ensuring employees and contractors have the relevant skills to perform work-related tasks safely, and that they are aware of their health and safety obligations and rights
- Following a consultative, transparent and constructive approach to health and safety interactions with stakeholders.
Each employee has an obligation to:
- Comply with safe work practices, with the intent of avoiding injury to themselves and others
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and others
- Wear personal protective equipment and clothing where necessary
- Comply with any direction given by management for health and safety
- Not misuse or interfere with anything provided for health and safety
- Report all accidents and incidents on the job immediately
- Report all known or observed hazards to their supervisor or manager
The Health and Safety policy applies to all employees and business operations of Evocatus Security SA and the general public including those situations where workers are required to work off-site.
The Company acknowledges its responsibility for risk management and therefore is a central part of the Company’s strategic management. It enables the Company to effectively manage strategic decision-making, service planning and delivery, to safeguard the wellbeing of our customers and stakeholders.
Various control systems to regularly identify, evaluate and manage risks have been implemented which identifies, evaluates, monitors and controls potential opportunities and adverse effects that challenge service delivery, compliance, assets, reputation and objectives of the Company.
The execution of risk policy is delegated to management and measures, systems and controls implemented provide reasonable assurance that risks are adequately monitored and managed.
The Quality Management System provides a framework for our business that ensures uniformity and consistency throughout the company and is used to leverage continuous business improvement through monitoring and measurement of our performance.
The QMS is based on the framework of ISO 9001 guidelines and related criteria. Continues gap analyses or audits are conducted to determine to what extent the company is meeting ISO 9001 requirements and where the emphasis of our implementation efforts should be.
The Gap analysis/audit checklist consists of 7 main categories which include:
- Context of the Organization
- Performance Evaluation
The basis of the Quality Control guidelines and measure applied incorporates policies, procedures and other records that serves as a guide as to how the company delivers products and services and are in accordance with the following:
- Internal Quality Audits.
- Reviewing of contracts and changes to contracts to ensure Client requirements are defined and adhered to.
- Controlled, documented processes and quality standards implemented.
- Trained Security Personnel according to SASSETA guidelines.
- Regular Client Liaison to ensure contractual obligations and requirements are being met.
- Corrective and preventative action according to documented processes.
- Service Level Agreement Implementation and Monitoring.
Evocatus Management and personnel strives for excellence and continuous improvement and are committed to providing security services of the highest calibre to all its clients.
Evocatus Security Services SA recognizes that our employees are the key to our success and nothing can be achieved without their engagement. Employee well-being and development is inherent to Evocatus Security’s drive to service excellence.
Training and Development
The Company continues to offer opportunities to its people to develop their skills and competencies for current and future roles through ongoing legislative and non-legislative training, experience and on-the-job training.
Our human resource strategies are aimed at ensuring that all staff is competent in their roles and stringent recruitment, selection and vetting processes contribute to the appointment of the right people in the right positions with the necessary skills set.
Performance standards are monitored through continuous performance assessments, coaching and interventions.
Since its founding, Evocatus Security has built a culture based on values of trust, mutual respect and dialogue. Evocatus management and employees work closely to create and maintain positive individual and collective relationships and are expected to do so as a core part of their job. Evocatus Security not only upholds the freedom of association of its employees and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining but also ensures that direct and frequent communication is established in the workplace.
While dialogue with organised labour is essential, it does not replace the close relationship that our management maintains with all employees. In the spirit of continuous improvement, we encourage two-way dialogue with our employees that goes beyond the traditional aspects of collective bargaining to share knowledge and to jointly find opportunities related to important matters such as Creating Shared Value, health and safety in the workplace and our concern for Service Standards.
The Company and employee representatives are expected to make all necessary efforts to develop fair and constructive dialogues, overcome the difficulties that they might encounter, reach sustainable agreements and implement them.
The Company commits itself, not only to comply with the requirements of the Employment Equity Act but to consider employment equity as a business strategic objective and continues to strive for a workforce structure that is representative of the country’s demographics, not only at the supervisory level but increasingly within all levels of the management structure.
This is being achieved through fair workplace practices, the management of diversity and the creation of a culture where differentiation may only be based on the inherent requirements of a job, staff advancement and training programs.
Attracting new employees and keeping current employees engaged is not only about remuneration and benefits. It is also about the hard-earned value and trust that our name brings to those who work with us; the relationships with our line managers and fellow workers; recognition and experiences enjoyed while working for a diverse and developing company, and possibilities to learn and grow. These are as a whole, the Total Rewards employees receive.
Apart from paying employees according to and above prescribed regulatory salaries, the Company also offers the following rewards and incentives to its employees: exceptional performance awards, long service awards, medical aid, provident fund, bonus incentives, subsistence allowances.
Evocatus Security supports and is committed to the overall health and wellbeing of its employees and to recognize the importance of employee wellness in the workplace has implemented a wellness policy identifying the mechanisms and resources that will be used to promote and encourage wellness among employees.
Wellness initiatives include:
- Trauma counselling
- Flexitime work schedules
- Substance abuse policy and testing
- The use of protective/safety equipment
- Sexual harassment policy and non-discrimination-policy
- Wellness days
- Covid 19 Policy, testing and vaccination
The Evocatus Foundation was set up as an independent Non-profit Company (NPC) that integrates the corporate social investment initiatives of Evocatus Security Services SA (Pty) Ltd.
The Foundation channels Corporate Social Investment (CSI) funds to non-profit organisations and institutions working towards the development and empowerment of communities in impoverished areas through our focus areas of education, health, and entrepreneurship.